Dirting a tank. Need help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evansbradley

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been reading up on dirting tanks, and it sounds like the dirt will cause ammonia spikes and such, and that this will cycle a tank. However, my tank is already cycled and has fish in it. Will dirting it now cause another cycle to occur? Is it safe to keep my fish in the tank? Unsure if I should just use Eco complete and forget about dirt for now, or if I should go ahead with this. Any advice?

Although not impossible,I have yet to experience an ammo spike in any of my setups..with such a spike it would not cause your cycle to restart,put simply an ammo spike is at a level the bio-filter can't process it fast enough for the levels not to be toxic to fauna..best to do a partial water charge to reduce the spike..if you are not yet comfortable enough to go w/dirt ,eco-complete is a great option as I use it 100% in my 2 10g's..

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Okay, cool! I was just worried it could spike too much. I'll just monitor it closely! Thank you for your help!

Back
Top Bottom