diy co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My setup will do it. I actually use a air pump to help keep the levels right around 30 ppm(drop checker lime green with 4 dkh solution) through the use of an air pump. I'm also achieving full dissolving of the CO2.

Do y'all know when I should replace the co2 stuff?

You replace the contents of the bottle around the 2-3 week mark, when the bubble rate you get is no longer what you want. If you are using a drop checker, when the liquid turns blue. By the way, if you do use a drop checker, then you can see whether you would need an additional bottle, if one just doesn't get the liquid to a nice lime green.

Not dumb at all, I thought you might be familiar with them. This is what I got:

Red Sea CO2 Indicator

There are other nicer ones made of glass, but they're the same thing. Most important thing is they need to be used not with tank water as the instructions say but with a 4dKH calibrated solution you can order from ebay.

Oh okay, seems cheap and reliable. Everything seems to be going good so far, its making more bubbles then it did yesterday.

There are DIY checkers too. Google it. :) Even cheaper, and in keeping with the theme.

All this info is really great and helpful:) also I got a glass co2 diffuser on eBay for a good price so I thought what the heck Haha everyone seems to be using one too, so why not me!

Back
Top Bottom