Diy co2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
So with the helpful advice from a few members I attempted my first DIY CO2 reactor (?) (Lol I think that's what its called, sorry I don't know much about this topic) for my 29G.
How do I know if it is working properly?

If you get a drop checker ( less than $15 on eBay) it will let you know how much co2 is in your water. That's the best way to tell how well your co2 is getting into the water column.

Super_Blueberry said:
If you get a drop checker ( less than $15 on eBay) it will let you know how much co2 is in your water. That's the best way to tell how well your co2 is getting into the water column.

Hmmm... I'll have to look into that, I set it up yesterday and within an hour had bubbles. I had bought a diffuser off of Ebay for .99 but I felt like it wasn't working as well so I just stuck the airline tubing directly into my HOB filter intake. I had made a bubble counter as well just didn't know how many bubbles I should be seeing.

You can use the KH/pH relation ship if you have the correct tests. Ideally, would would have wanted to test just the pH before setting up the reactor, and then test it after it has been working for a bit to see how much the pH has droped. I believe a pH drop of about 1 is what you want.

Back
Top Bottom