DIY co2 important question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fredenj

Aquarium Advice Regular
I hooked up an air pump to my DIY co2 cause it wasn't working the way I wanted it to so now I've got air being pumped through the system does anybody suspect any potential problems i'm just pumping it into the power filter cause it didn't have enough pressure for the air stone. If you are going to tell me I need a new air stone I know that I was just wondering if there was another way.

Get a ceramic difuser, it makes much smaller bubbles which are more efficient dispersing the gas in the water.

That a side, usually there is enough pressure to make it out a regular airstone, so I would recomend checking for leaks in your DIY CO2 system.

Running an air pump is going to be completely counter productive. You will be degassing the CO2 just as fast as you are putting it in. If you've ever seen a beer bottle explode from the pressure (I homebrew) then you would realize that an obscene amount of pressure can build up from yeast.

I also agree that you very likely have a leak somewhere so that would be the first place to check.

I agree with Mebbid....no air pump check for leaks & and the water can not be over 115* F. It will kill the active yeast. Warm hot hot water.

Back
Top Bottom