DIY CO2 in 65 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toillion

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is a 65 gallon tank too large for a DIY CO2 system? The method I am interested in trying out is the citric acid/baking soda method. When researching these methods it seems like everyone that uses it is doing so in smaller tanks. I've been using API CO2 booster but it doesn't seem to be working all that great and also gets expensive.

If this method does work fine any suggestions on a diffuser to use for this tank size? Also how many bubbles per second should I have?

For additional info. the light I'm using is the Beamswork DA 6500K 0.50W Series LED Pent Aquarium Light. I also have the light that came with the aquarium if I need more light.

I would say no, you’d be chewing a bottle full of citric per day in a tank that size.

As for diffusing method your best bet for a tank that size would be a Cerges or Griggs reactor [emoji106]

You might be able to get away with this if:
A. You use a well designed reactor as mentioned above
B. The plants you have are not too demanding
I cannot remember what kind of output that light fixture produces but with that tank size it might be in the low or maybe low-medium region. The demand for CO2 is not high at this light level.

Back
Top Bottom