Diy co2 materials!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nu-Nu the eel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone! My brother is currently driving an asked me to ask yall what he would need what are the materials he needs for DIY co2 and where he can buy them??? Thanks!!!

Fast reaponses are appreciated because we are driving to the lfs right now! :0 :)

Sugar, yeast, 2 liter bottle, check valve, airline tubing, and difusser. (2 cups of sugar, 1 tsb of yeast, and water.

molly100a said:
Sugar, yeast, 2 liter bottle, check valve, airline tubing, and difusser. (2 cups of sugar, 1 tsb of yeast, and water.

Where do i buy a diffuser?

you could use another bottle for a bubble counter, I use a plastic syring from riteaid. just take out the plunger, the airline tubing fits on the needle end, I put the check valve in the bottom end and fill it half way with water, it's better than an extra bottle and you might not have to use aquarium silicone. the syringe is without a needle, they sell them in the medicne isle. If you need me to upload a pic i can.

I have my airline tubing stuck into a wavemaker, shoots out nice small bubbles. Or use an unused cigarette filter, rip the paper off and wad it up to fit into the airline tubing, works very well.

No algae eater will help with BGA. It's not an algae either.

I've heard all sorts of theories on how to get rid of BGA, including blackouts (didn't work for me), hydrogen peroxide (also didn't work), and excel. Personally, I don't even mess around with it any more and go straight to the antibiotics. It works well and will fix the problem. You need to make sure you fix whatever it was that caused it though, which is somewhat more difficult.

aqua_chem said:
No algae eater will help with BGA. It's not an algae either.

I've heard all sorts of theories on how to get rid of BGA, including blackouts (didn't work for me), hydrogen peroxide (also didn't work), and excel. Personally, I don't even mess around with it any more and go straight to the antibiotics. It works well and will fix the problem. You need to make sure you fix whatever it was that caused it though, which is somewhat more difficult.

Whoch antibiotic do i need?

I think the source of the prob is low co2 and lpw nitrates!

I just started a blackout, putting a black garbage bag over the tank. Anything else i need to do?

molly100a said:
you could use another bottle for a bubble counter, I use a plastic syring from riteaid. just take out the plunger, the airline tubing fits on the needle end, I put the check valve in the bottom end and fill it half way with water, it's better than an extra bottle and you might not have to use aquarium silicone. the syringe is without a needle, they sell them in the medicne isle. If you need me to upload a pic i can.

I find this interesting, can I see a picture?

Back
Top Bottom