DIY Co2 System Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gobluewolverines4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I've looked up many guides on diy co2 and i have a question the guides didn't answer.

Where do I hook the "other" end of my airline tubing that goes in the tank, since I don't have a diffuser? I have a hob filter I am using (its a 10 gallon btw), so do i just put it right at the base of the intake?

I am clueless right now.. :confused:

I'm running a similar setup. I've had success with running the tubing into the intake, but eventually it could knock out your impeller. What I decided to do was place a chopstick into the end of the tubing which diffuses the co2 into smaller bubbles. Then I placed the end of the chopstick into the intake of my filter so the impeller only dealt with small bubbles.

You could also try and airstone, but that's hit or miss and can degrade over time.

Placing a small plastic cup upside down in the tank with some filter floss material can hold Co2 in the water longer as well.

I'm sure others will answer soon for more options.

Anyway you could post a picture of your setup? I'm still confused as to how the tubing goes in.

What I did on my ten gallon was stick a cigarette filter into the end of the air tubing. The I placed the end of the tubing directly under the intake pipe. The intake sucks in the smaller bubbles and they get chopped up even more by the impeller.

Here's the chopstick method. You can see it behind the plants. It releases a tiny stream of bubbles. My hose had a small gash put in it that I didn't discover until after I took this photo. That's why you don't see the bubbles. You can just stick this chopstick into the intake of your filter too.

Attachments

• image-4283125917.jpg
    image-4283125917.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 51
Like this

Attachments

• image-299819257.jpg
    image-299819257.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 55
Thanks guys! I think what I will end up doing is getting a tiny internal filter and hook up my air line to that. Either that or actually get a diffuser.. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom