DIY CO2 Testimonial

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David14259

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi Guys,

I installed my DIY CO2 system yesterday, and today, 24 hours later, my plants are pearling! I've got streams of tiny O2 bubbles rising to the surface. It's so cool.

My setup is two 1-liter bottles, each with 1 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon yeast, and .75 liters of water in each.

As of now, I'm only using a .29 cent air stone as a diffuser, and it alone raised my CO2 from 2ppm to just over 13ppm! I ordered a proper diffuser off eBay, hopefully it will get here soon.

Thanks to all of you that gave me CO2 advice, especially Purrbox, Neilan, and Sparky!

Congratulations David, you are now on your way to becoming hooked on planted tanks! I started with one 10 gallon tank a year ago, I've got 7 tanks running now. I learned everything from the good folks on this site, you most likely will too :)

Congratulations, DIY CO2 can work very well.
I ordered a proper diffuser off eBay, hopefully it will get here soon.

DIY CO2 does not always produce the kind of pressure (safely) to drive one of the high end diffusers. That there is nothing wrong with that .29cent air stone. It wont last long, but is cheap to replace.
Be wary of excess back pressure ;-)

Next time you mix up a batch of your yeast, try tossing in a little molasses or even some protein shake powder. It will last much longer that way.

Back
Top Bottom