diy yeast co2 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No thread jacking. I would like to here more about the way you set it up. I thought about connecting the hose to the intake on my hob. I am running this in a 75g so I need all the co2 I can get broke down. I have a bowl above my balsa wood attached to the tank with a suction cup. It looks like crap. I would like to remove it. Do you guys think putting the hose in to my HOB intake would work. Would it be better to put the balsa wood into the intake so it stays a very fine bubble?

Mike

It will work. Not sure the results would be better. The other thing is it might make your impeller cavitate due to the gas bubbles. Could be kind of annoying.

I really need to change over to a canister anyways. My in-laws want to buy my tank. I might sell it to them so I can step up to a 200g. I have been trying to make up my mind if I want to spend more on this set up or go ahead and move up. Thanks again every one CO2 is still going today. Well not strong but it is still nice an steady. I guess I just didn't give time to start back up after it settled in..

Mike

what you could do, if youre not afraid of killing your fish, is buy a small in tank filter with a barb for an air line attached to it on the output. I just shoved my air line leaving my collection jug on to the barb intended for the muffler. That way it doesnt go through the pump itself, potentially causing issues with cavitation, yet still put it out in a very fine mist. There were millions of tiny bubbles in my tank, all over the leaves of the plants, and obviously in the gills of my fish. That would be my best advice for a cheap diy diffuser, as the filter only cost me $12... I would also suggest that you closely monitor your fish when you set it up too, as obviously, things can go wrong :(

Back
Top Bottom