Do dry ferts degrade in water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm, you guys are paving a great road for us right now and I thank you kindly, so how about I dose the iron after siesta period, would still give it 5 hours with lights on..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think the problem only occurs when they are dosed one after the other. Then again Brian said he doses them at either ends of his tank with no problems. There must be someone out there really into their chemistry that can explain it

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think the problem only occurs when they are dosed one after the other. Then again Brian said he doses them at either ends of his tank with no problems. There must be someone out there really into their chemistry that can explain it

Summoning aqua_chem....

Does the fertilizer solution have to be refrigerated? I'm guessing not since nobody has mentioned it.

aqua_chem symbol In the clouds..batman would never make us wait this long..

Thats too funny...
When I was posting about using distilled water and staggering the dosing, I was thinking "Man, I wish AquaChem would chime in. He'd make better sense of this than I can."

Last edited:
I think the problem only occurs when they are dosed one after the other. Then again Brian said he doses them at either ends of his tank with no problems.

I think my cloudiness is only exacerbated because I doubled the PO4 in my macro mix and I dosed Seachem Fe right after. Otherwise the Fe is so lean in the CSM+B micro mix that it wouldn't matter. I changed when I dose my Fe that I no longer have an issue.

I mixed my first batch last night and dosed this morning. Just added one after another with the prescribed recipe. Now it's a waiting game.

I mixed my first batch last night and dosed this morning. Just added one after another with the prescribed recipe. Now it's a waiting game.

Hey me too!! Did you mix kno3 separate?

I was but then decided not to at the last minute. I only did 250ml solutions though for testing purposes.

I suppose it should be fine short term, seems to get nitrates to high in a heavily stocked tank.. i mixed it and put it aside as my tank is pretty well stocked.. did you add glut to the plantex mix?

I did. I added 5ml to each bottle. I not sure of I was supposed to add it to each, but when I was doing it it was late and didn't bother trying to look it up. It was the only time I could play with my fishies, the reference my wife makes for my tank time. Lol

Did your guys' Plantex dissolve overnight? I just mixed mine last night and the Plantex wasn't dissolved this morning.

Mine did, I shook the bleep out if it though..

I thought I shook it pretty good but I will shake some more tonight if it's still not dissolved. I was afraid I screwed up measuring but I was pretty careful. Checked the scale with a known mass to make sure it was correct.

When I mixed my micronutrient/trace element mixture, it never fully dissolved. Even after a couple months of use too. I used distilled water and let it sit for a day or two. Any reasoning to why the mixture wouldn't fully dissolve?

I just shake mine really well the night before and the morning of.. It's fully dissolved for me. I also add glut, 5ml to every 250ml solution.

Last edited:
Just to add to this AMAZING thread, do any of you not dose KNO3? I think mebbid (I think, not sure :hide: ) doesn't because he/she thinks their fish produce enough nitrate. It makes sense to me but I just wanted to check in with you all if that seems right.

Back
Top Bottom