Do i have enough light to grow the plants i want?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolf0311

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a TopFin 10 gallon starter kit, the kit doesnt show the wattage of the LED lights but im almost positive its bad. i had a plant in there and it died in a couple of weeks. i was wondering if, even with the bad lights, i would be able to grow plants. i want to grow all low light plants; Marimo Moss Ball, Java Moss, Java fern, and a Banana Plant. Any suggestions for different/no plants would be greatly appreciated! :D

Personally I would add more... But you went about as low as you can with the plants. A trick to get extra light is a very light colored substrate like white sand. It can help.

I would still upgrade though... But you can give it a shot. It may work out for you fine.

how can i add more light? the lights are implemented into the hood itself so im not sure how i could do it

Just put more lights on the outside of the sides of the tanks. The glass shouldnt disrupt any UV and definitely get some light reflecting substrate

No problem with my Aqua one Ecostyle kit with stock leds. My low light plants are thriving. Light is on for 6hrs and im using a gravel substrate. IMG_20170525_224137.jpg

With my lowlight 10g I did weekly water changes. Add liquid ferts 1x weekly after PWC and managed to grow stuff.
Granted your light may be even weaker. I used a clip on LED fixture. Mine was a single row.

My 10g Rimless with an Archaea clip on fixture
IMG_0190.jpg

I did add Root caps for my Crypts

Back
Top Bottom