do i need different lighting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a fluval chi that is 5.5 gallons, and I am going to plant it. I am probably going to get dwarf baby tears as a carpet plant and let is spread over most of the bottom. The tank came with 7 little LED lights. Will I need better lighting?
I am also going to have co2... im not sure how yet, though.

maxwellag said:
I have a fluval chi that is 5.5 gallons, and I am going to plant it. I am probably going to get dwarf baby tears as a carpet plant and let is spread over most of the bottom. The tank came with 7 little LED lights. Will I need better lighting?

Hey, yes fluva chi led isn't even enough to support water sprite from what I heard from eco23! So a light upgrade is required if u want to keep dwarf baby tears alive let alone achieve a carpet effect! =/

Ok. I will just take the stock filter and stuff out because it is not a very powerful filter at all, and I have my ten gallons old filter on it. I might make a lid out of acrylic or glass too. What type of light do you suggest?

Fishkeeper26 said:
You could get a desk lamp, and put a CFL bulb in it

Is this a CFL bulb? I have a desk lamp I can use. Would this bulb work? Also, I want to plant my ten gallon. It has two 15 watt cf bulbs.

Fishkeeper26 said:
Yeah that bulb works, same thing

Ok, then all I need for my five gallon now is co2 and fish and plants... I will probably get the fluval micro co2 system....

Back
Top Bottom