Do I need to change my Fert method?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zer0signal

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys/gals,

I recently stepped into Co2 Injection into my tank (DIY Method), I am getting around 22-28PPM of Co2 into my water constant.

I have a high output LED light (Current Sat Plus Pro), and I have been dosing:
Flourish *2 a week
API Leaf Zone 1 a week
Mebids DIY Root Tabs (Osmocote+ and Miracle Grow "Fruits and Veggies" 0 size gel tab)

Plants:
Amazon Sword
Lilaeopsis
Vallisneria Spiralis
Anubis Nana
Java Fern
Sagittaria Platyphylla

Do I need to look at a different regimen or should I stick with what I have been dosing?

Just started the Co2 2 days ago, and I notice a green healthier plant vs Co2 Booster Dosing. I also saw very tiny bubbles in a line streaming out of my Anubius plants rhizome. So I think the plants are really taking to the injection! Any advice is appreciated!

If you really want to max out the benefits of having the co2 addition i would look into either the pps pro or ei dosing regimens.

Alright, I am going to do the EI method. I just ordered the starter kit from green leaf aquariums.

Estimative Index | Aquarium Fertilizer | Green Leaf Aquariums

I think this will best fit my lifestyle (already preform weekly 50% WC), and I saw someone else mention an easier way to dose it. Get 5 20oz bottles (m-f) and make up each day mix on the weekends, and then just pour the corresponding mix in on its appropriate day (refrigerate as needed).

Hopefully I didn't get bent over to bad on the pricing :|

Its still very new, but the growth and coloration I have had in the past 4 days since running Co2 is great! Compared to the month and half of low tech, it was very minimal growth.

I am hoping the back wall fills in w/ Vals, Sword and Sag. Which is surprising the Sag has stopped melting and is turning bright green w/ new plants emerging. Never had that w/o co2 (only used liquid carbon).

End game is, to get this perfected in this tank, and then start moving the new baby plants to the 60 gallon tank in the living room and get Co2 Setup in there. But there is only so much money I can keep dropping before the SO complains. lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1428345581714.jpg
    1428345581714.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 1428345593774.jpg
    1428345593774.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 1428345606264.jpg
    1428345606264.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 62
Back