Do Led Flood Lights Work For Planted Aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting... So I was reading the comments and someone mentioned Monte Carlo, so if the micro sword doesn't work out would Monte Carlo grow with root tabs and Seachem Excel? Also that is just black sand, nothing in it for the plants except for root tabs. (Just thought mentioning that would be important).
Yikes! You will probably have a hard time trying to grow the micro swords out as a carpet with just black sand and tabs. I'm gonna be posting my upgrade and experiments as I get going this week too. I'm not using Co2 either. But, I'm going be trying out a few high light plants. I just got my alternanthera reineckii (didn't realize it was in the high light cat. till after I got it) I have a 75 gallon with old school tube lights.(shop lights) so we'll see what happens. The difference I'm doing is my substrate will be changed out to eco complete. Right now I have it in a plastic fruit container (from fresh blue berries) lol! Cut the top off it. Put some eco complete in it and planted it, and put it in my tank directly under the light for now. We'll see if it makes it.

Haha well that sucks, I finally was able to afford a Pressurized Co2 system for my 60 gallon and I went all out and got a 25 pound co2 tank haha. So having to go through that again for this aquarium would just suck. So I guess I will try Macro Micro dosing. Thanks

Why not put a splitter on your regulator and run co2 in both tanks? It’s really easy to do [emoji106]

Yes Angellove keep me updates with those plants. And Bert, I was thinking of doing that but my 60 gallon is in my room (which is in the basement) and this aquarium is in the living room.

Yes Angellove keep me updates with those plants. And Bert, I was thinking of doing that but my 60 gallon is in my room (which is in the basement) and this aquarium is in the living room.

U can run co2 line a long way, just drill it through the floor [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom