does anybody know if hornwort....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

daileene

Planted Tank Addict
....melts when you will add co2 booster in your planted tank?

I am asking because I got an API CO2 booster and dosed it according to the instruction from the bottle to all my tanks (3 10Gs, 2 20Gs, and 5G) and the hornworts in my my 20G melted. :-(

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

daileene said:
....melts when you will add co2 booster in your planted tank?

I am asking because I got an API CO2 booster and dosed it according to the instruction from the bottle to all my tanks (3 10Gs, 2 20Gs, and 5G) and the hornworts in my my 20G melted. :-(

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Some plants are sensitive. Says so right on their website. * sorry, saw it on Seachem's site. Same idea though*
I start with 1/2 dose of anything new.

Thanks coursair. I thought it is only the anacharis or vals that are sensitive to the CO2 dose. I will be more careful next time then. Thanks.

Some plants melt some of the time. I have heard of hornwort melting before when Excel was suddenly added to the tank at full dose.

So, would it thrive again if i will try to dose the co2 away from them? Or just in general they just die and won't thrive again after that dosage? Right now, the hornwort plants are just about stem left. The leaves were falling off almost at one time. :-(

Back
Top Bottom