Does anyone know where I can get native plants for my aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

girlychris

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! My name is Christina. I have recently aquired a 55 gallon tank that I am going to attempt to turn into a 'planted' tank. I want to try to use plants and fish that are native to my area of the country. (I live in Indiana) I have been doing alot of research on the tank prior to each step so that I can avoid as many problems as possible. Just last night, I put down the substrate and got the filter ready. I need to fill it with water and purchase new lights. Does anyone know where I can get native plants for my aquarium? I would rather purchase them from someone rather than gathering them myself in the wild...it is too cold right now!! :p
Any help of advice will be appreciated.
Christina

Welcome to AA!!

Start a thread in the planted forum and I'm sure you will get lots of response and information,.

Welcome aboard. I`ll tell you what. I`ll move this to the FW Planted forum. If you want to just post another thread here telling us about yourself.

Research what native plants you want and try aquariumplants.com. They seem to have a pretty comprehensive selection.

Thanks! I am having sort of a problem with that too. Whenever I try to research them on the web, articles about invasive species keep coming up and not many good ones about actual native plants. I know some of the universities keep databases and such, but I may just have to buy a field guide and choose that way...idk. It's too cold out now for me to go exploring on my own, so....we will see...
may just have to go with tropicals...

Back
Top Bottom