Does anyone use the entire Flourish kit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plantedtankman

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about ordering all of the Flourish liquid products to improve the look of my plants. Does anyone use all of the liquid products and what are your thoughts?

I'm thinking about ordering all of the Flourish liquid products to improve the look of my plants. Does anyone use all of the liquid products and what are your thoughts?

I'd go to greenleafaquariums and get dry ferts. The flourish line is overpriced in my opinion.

Yeah, I would personally go to green leaf and buy the PPS pro dry ferts package (there are mixing instructions there too) and a gallon of gluteraldehyde rather than using seachem.

PPS pro is far more comprehensive and glut is the same thing as excel only a stronger and cheaper version, a gallon makes 2 gallons and only runs about $22-23 while a single bottle of excel runs around $10

Yeah, I would personally go to green leaf and buy the PPS pro dry ferts package (there are mixing instructions there too) and a gallon of gluteraldehyde rather than using seachem.

PPS pro is far more comprehensive and glut is the same thing as excel only a stronger and cheaper version, a gallon makes 2 gallons and only runs about $22-23 while a single bottle of excel runs around $10

I'll have to look at that then. Thanks!

Green leaf aquariums has a great PPS pro dry kit, comes with everything you need except a scale and distilled water.

With the glut, you can find it on Amazon for a good price, just make sure you put it in opaque bottles when you divide it up.

Oh, and using osmocote as root tabs is also another idea. I buy it premade in pill capsules so I don't have to mess with it, I think you can buy like 100+ for less than $20 with shipping included.

Overall, it's much more efficient IMO/E doing it this way rather than buying it premade because it lasts a LOT longer and ends up being a lot cheaper in the long run.

Green leaf aquariums has a great PPS pro dry kit, comes with everything you need except a scale and distilled water.

With the glut, you can find it on Amazon for a good price, just make sure you put it in opaque bottles when you divide it up.

Oh, and using osmocote as root tabs is also another idea. I buy it premade in pill capsules so I don't have to mess with it, I think you can buy like 100+ for less than $20 with shipping included.

Overall, it's much more efficient IMO/E doing it this way rather than buying it premade because it lasts a LOT longer and ends up being a lot cheaper in the long run.

I like the idea. Except the distilled water part. I'm not a big fan of RO water and distilled water. Other than that I would be up for it!

I use almost the whole Flourish line, I am lazy and like the KISS method so I stick with liquids. If dry is cheaper and you want to mess with it go for it, but yes I used all the bottles in the kit to answer your original question.

I like the idea. Except the distilled water part. I'm not a big fan of RO water and distilled water. Other than that I would be up for it!

If you go the GLA PPS pro method you'll only need 1000ml of distilled or RO water at a time (500ml goes into each dosing bottle and the bottles last quite a while).

If you go the GLA PPS pro method you'll only need 1000ml of distilled or RO water at a time (500ml goes into each dosing bottle and the bottles last quite a while).

It's something to think about for sure. I have a mix of Eco Complete and a fluorite substrate. I use the plain Flourish right now. My lighting is good too. So if I go with the Flourish method what would you get? And if I would go with with the PPS pro method would anything change?

If this is your first planted tank there's nothing wrong with just starting out with the Seachem products. I did Seachem comprehensive/API leaf zone for a long time on my low light tanks and was always satisfied. You may just need to experiment with the dosage a bit. Eventually though you'll likely switch to a dry fert option. It really is a lot cheaper and the actual nutrient dosage is much better for plants.

I use the liquid seachem fertilizers for my high tech tank ( only 20 gallons) with no troubles. I do overdose and don't follow seachem dosing schedule. But, I will be switching to dry fertilizers once all the seachem bottles are empty. I got the seachem fertilizers dirt cheap ( some free) and they gave me a great start in the planted aquarium hobby. I believe that dried fertilizers are the way to go now plus they don't seem to be that complicated.

If this is your first planted tank there's nothing wrong with just starting out with the Seachem products. I did Seachem comprehensive/API leaf zone for a long time on my low light tanks and was always satisfied. You may just need to experiment with the dosage a bit. Eventually though you'll likely switch to a dry fert option. It really is a lot cheaper and the actual nutrient dosage is much better for plants.

Okay. This is my first planted tank and I'm experimenting with different products. I'll probably go with Flourish for a while and then I'll change to the dry fert option. Thanks for your help!

Okay. This is my first planted tank and I'm experimenting with different products. I'll probably go with Flourish for a while and then I'll change to the dry fert option. Thanks for your help!

That was my route too and it worked out well. Once you're more comfortable and experienced with plants and lighting you'll find that the switch to dry ferts will occur naturally. Good luck! (y)

Hey guys, I've decided to get the PPS Pro Pack. I'm also going to get either Metricide 14 Day Solution or Flourish Excel.

Hey guys, I've decided to get the PPS Pro Pack. I'm also going to get either Metricide 14 Day Solution or Flourish Excel.

Awesome! If you don't have one already you can get a cheap digital food scale on Amazon for under $10.

Back
Top Bottom