Does my indian fern look healthy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
A few weeks ago i put 6 Indians ferns in my tank, with in days they were as healthy as anything. They were incredibly green they grew around 3 inches in about a week.

This is them now:

image-1503811109.jpg

I'm finding lots f dead leaves in the tank and they look a little smaller. Anyway do they look healthy? The only thing that has changed since I first added them is iv been putting in tetra black water. I'm just saying I have no idea what the lighting is, I threw away the box a long time ago.
Thanks

Check the "K" number on your light bulb. 6500K is ideal in most planted tanks. It should say right on the actual bulb.

It on on there. All it says is:

ARCADIA
Freshwater
FF36- (48" ,1200mm)
High output tropical lamp
That's all

I googled it and it says that it's a 7500K bulb. That's good for plant growth. Let me do some research and I'll get back to you okay?

That's awesome thank you :) just a quick question does the color affect it at all? Im thinking if getting one that will make my tank look a little yellow or browner.

A aquarium light that gives off a yellow light/glo. (I'm really sorry I'm terrible at explains things.) - would that affect the plant growth?
Ah thank you that's helpful

Yeah for planted tanks you want to use a "daylight" bulb or around 6500K.
The colors of the light spectrum are NOT the same as the color (yellow, pink, blue etc..) of the bulb/glo. This stuff gets pretty in depth I know! haha

Freshwater plants absorb more light from the red-yellow side of the spectrum. Coral absorbs more the light on the blue side of the spectrum. (google the light spectrum and you'll see what I mean by different sides.)

But yeah, try and find something that says "daylight" on the package or something around 6500K and you should be good. Happy to help (y)

Back
Top Bottom