Done with medium light already.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonia's really do not like low light, I'll agree to that.
I think it's funny, sometimes I've heard folks say that blue light produces bushier growth and more compact growth etc, yet if you use a blue light specific bulb, the observations (years of them for many), suggest otherwise. Ugly appearance anyway:)

One thing I've long done is explore the limits, both at the upper ranges and the lower ranges for light, CO2, and nutrients. Many times I've thought X plant cannot grow well under a set of conditions, but the more I explored things, the more I saw I overlooked something.

I went back and re evaluated CO2, nutrients, light and tried to figure out how and why I could do this and have decent growth. Tropica did a nice study on lower light and CO2. Maybe back in 2000?

Worth a read.

If you look at most of the entries in the ADA contest, they are lower light:)
AGA folks tend to mostly the high light crowd.

I think many just add whatever works for them, some are not interested in exploring the limits however, actually very very few are:)

Depends on the goal.

But.....why some are successful and why some are not and why they are not, where they went wrong etc, is/are important question/s.
Then you can modify things to better suit your own goals and those of others.

I have namely high light, but I also have non CO2 and low light tanks as well as marine systems. Low light non CO2 tanks are nice and easy to keep.

Many simply want a nice looking scape, having Tonia or not certainly does not define a "nice" scape.

Aesthetic choices/goals are an entire other ball of wax.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Back
Top Bottom