Don's 10 Gallon Betta Tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep, dude.. we're going identical.. I'm going to use some cardinal lobelia to create a palm tree affect in the back as well. Focal will def. be dhg caressing the seiryu though.. green on gray is going to look awesome. Any idea of sieryu is less algae prone than say lace or any rock for that matter??
Edit- just looked at the pic a second time, I'm not a huge fan of perfectly centered Hardscape. To pre-determined..( i.wouldnt recommend actually doing this) I like the idea of the rocks kind of looking like they landed there..
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Edit- just looked at the pic a second time, I'm not a huge fan of perfectly centered Hardscape. To pre-determined..( i.wouldnt recommend actually doing this) I like the idea of the rocks kind of looking like they landed there..

Yeah, I tried to copy a video on YouTube, "the green Machine 5 stone layout". The dirt was mounded in the middle, but the primary stone was tilted. With a 10 gallon, room is scarce, but if this Aquasoil performs according to all the hype...I can see a 60P in my future. Now to wait and let the plants root.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424695401.747579.jpg

edit: the newly planted DHG is pearling. Lol. Good sign I guess,

Ammonia = 0
PH = 6.9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you aquire the dhg?

I'm new to planted tanks, no I don't really know, do we need such a deep layer of substrate?

The next tank I want to aquascape is about that size and with that much substrate plus water, would be waaaay to heavy.

Just wanting to learn. :)

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

Where did you aquire the dhg?

Stole it from the 10 gallon that I am either tearing down or converting into a quarantine tank. I haven't bought fish in a long time because mine usually stay healthy.

Stole it from the 10 gallon that I am either tearing down or converting into a quarantine tank. I haven't bought fish in a long time because mine usually stay healthy.

Tc??

I'm new to planted tanks, no I don't really know, do we need such a deep layer of substrate?

The next tank I want to aquascape is about that size and with that much substrate plus water, would be waaaay to heavy.

Just wanting to learn. :)

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

No. I used too much really. I was going for a little hill.

Tissue culture.. sorry

Yeah, they were transplanted. First AND last time I do that with DHG! [emoji20]

Good start! I like the stone arrangement; looking forward to see the progress.

Once the DHG fills in, I'll cut it. It should look good. I am looking for a better CO2 setup...I'll probably order one custom built from AlanLe in the TPT forum.

Real well. It is time to mow the grass I think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426888126.075276.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426888161.957329.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426888204.793880.jpg

This ADA Malaya is the best substrate I have ever used! DHG does well in EcoComplete, but it kicks BUTT in dirt!

Maybe I'll try Amazonia next. I tried the Malaya because I heard that it does not leech ammonia as bad...It is true.

That's looking great D! That stuff seriously produces huh??

That's looking great D! That stuff seriously produces huh??

Yes it does and this is the Malaya Aquasoil: I'll bet the Amazonia is even better.

The DHG has a nice green color and the runners are really starting to send out their roots. Once I cut the grass it should look really good.

Back
Top Bottom