dosage of TMG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kagentx

Aquarium Advice Activist
i squirted about 2.5 ml of TMG today after more than a week of not puttin anything in. I don't see anything wrong with the plant growth without it though. Should I do 2.5 ml weekly?

i've seen many ppl do PMDD and put it the nutrient individually such as potassium. maybe i should change to this?

YOu'll have to tell us more about your tank. In low light tanks, TMG will be all you need. In high light tanks, TMG will be nothing more than a trace fertilizer, pretty much requiring separate dosing of nitrate, potassium, phosphates, and possibly iron.

um.. its currently running on 3 wpg. I've been so outdated with my tank, the water is evaporated by an inch and a half! It still looks good though. I'm guessing TMG isn't of the essence in my tank. I just love those livebearer babies!!

Ok, that' s a high light tank. It should have CO2 injection, and you'll need to dose macros (nitrate, phosphate, potassium) in addition to your TMG. You may also need to dose iron separately as well.

High light tanks are far from 'low maintenance'.

Back
Top Bottom