Dosing liquid C02, will dwarf hairgrass or dw baby tears be best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just an update, I haven't bought a CO2 system yet....

The GOOD:
---------
1) The HC I put in is growing extremely well, tripled in coverage and I'm having to trim and replant long (2"+) pieces all the time.

2) The Anubis and red wendii is growing really well.

3) The Rotala... I guess it's okay. It's growing enough that I have to prune and re-plant pieces once a week or so, but it looks maybe a but thin? I'm dosing Iron, Flourish, glut, potassium, and Seachem root tabs and it's staying sort of red.... Almost pinkish.

The BAD:
-------
The pennywort is doing very poorly. Leaves are turning yellow and disintegrating. New leaves are very small. Does this plant need something I'm not giving it?

After a few weeks of leaves melting, the Dwarf Sag appears to have stabilized, but it's definitely not thriving... :(

The UGLY:
--------
Green hair algae is setting in, especially in the HC and Rotala. And because Rotala leaves are so delicate it's virtually impossible to physically remove it without stripping the plant. The snails and Red Cherry Shrimp can't keep up. Ugh. Any advice on this? Thanks.

I had the same problem with Pennywort. It flourished for about a month then just started dying off. I'm about to rip it out because it's just not doing well.

I have GSA in my tank as well. From what I've been reading, increasing co2 output (careful not to overdo it and suffocate the fish) and proper dosing helps keep it at bay.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I just wanted to say that after three weeks my Dwarf Baby tears are doing exceptionally well on just glut and liquid ferts (Flourish, iron, and potassium), and Flourish root tabs. After starting out with six golf ball sized patches, it's carpeted over one-third of the bottom of my 20 gallon long and I'm only looking to carpet about half of it. My biggest problem with it is that it's growing so fast I have to prune it at least every four days or so.

Back
Top Bottom