Dosing Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ricardo48

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any suggestions to improve this dosing schedule. I will be converting to dry fert soon but want to use up rest of my liquid stuff first.

Start of week I change 25% water and dose the following

Nitrogen = 2ml
Potassiom = 3ml
Phosphorous = 3ml
Micro nutrients ( tetra plantamin ) = 3ml
Excel = 5ml

Every 2 days I dose the Plantamin / Excel and Potassium.

Every 3 days I dose the Nitrogen and Phosphorous.

Every Sunday/Wednesday I change 25% of water.

Tank is medium planted 14 us gallon with diy co2 at 20-30ppm... best i can get with my current diffuser.

I am trying to get somewhere near the EI fertilisation idea with my current schedule... am I anywhere close? Am I overdosing? Under dosing?

how much light do you have in the tank? If you don't have high light you really might not need to dose all of that.

You'll need to calculate the amount of each fertilizer that you are adding to determine if you are following an EI dosing schedule or not. If you're dealing with Seachem Ferts, then the formula should be listed on the bottle.

Im now adding every 2 days

2ml of Seachem Flourish / Nitrogen / Potassium / Phosphorous

I also add 1 ml of Excel every 2 days.

My co2 is a constant 25-40 ppm depending on time of day.

I am starting to get small traces of GSA on my glass and pennywort leaves.

Also my amazon swords has BSA on leaves, mainly on the edges. So does my pygmy chainsword.

Am I dosing enough with my new routine? I keep getting told GSA is because of low phosphate but im scared to dose any more incase i trigger algae outbreak!

Definately time to increase the Phosaphates. It's having a fert bottom out that will cause an algae outbreak, not having some extra of a different one.

Well i was getting the algae problem when i was dosing 2ml of po4 every 2-3 days. I am now switching to daily 2ml dosing. Will keep updated if any improvements.

Problem is according to the formula on the bottle.

1.6 ml in a 20 gallon tank will raise p04 by 0.1mgl

So if target range is 0.5-2.0 then to raise it to 1 mgl I would need to add 16ml????

Seems alot of dosing?

Sounds about right. The problem with the Seachem Macros is that they are very dilute, thus making them not very cost effective for high light and/or larger aquariums.

GSA algae seems to be getting worse with my increased dosing....

CO2 is at almost 40ppm...... PH is 7.1 and my KH is 13.

Drop checker is yellow.

Back
Top Bottom