Double filtering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
Question: double filtering a tank? Is it a good idea or a bad one. At the Local pet land a guy that works there told me he double filters his plant tank and that is a good idea to do so but he could explain to me what's so good about it. I have a 90 gal plant tank and I'm filtering with the fuval 406 but I also have a water fall filter rated for 100 gallons is it a good idea to us both to filter my tank. By double filtering I mean using two filters on one tank

juanrivas16 said:
I used to double filter my tanks and nothing bad ever hapened

Are there any benefits to double filtering?

juanrivas16 said:
I dont really know, but to me it keeps the aquariums water clear

Beautiful ill take all the advice and hook it up

Really, I guess it would depend on the size (dimensions) of the tank and the strength of the filters. It's a completely subjective thing. More often we measure filtering in tank turnover per hour, not the number of filters.

aqua_chem said:
Really, I guess it would depend on the size (dimensions) of the tank and the strength of the filters. It's a completely subjective thing. More often we measure filtering in tank turnover per hour, not the number of filters.

90 gal planted tank. Filtering with a fuval 406 right now but I do have a water fall filter rated for 100 gal tank

Back
Top Bottom