dry fert explanation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry but I'm confused

Gh is magnesium
And kh is calcium what there is three different kinds of calcium

Ok so I received my gh/kh test kit and phosphate test kit today.
My phosphates is at like .25 I think and I do a wc tomorrow, is that good or do I need to change it any. And my gh/kh are both sitting at 5

I think your kh/gh is about perfect. I keep mine at 4 for both. You are going to want to keep nitrates at 10-20ppm and phosphates .5-1ppm.

If I was to dose some phosphates and I have the individual fert mono potassium phosphate how much should I put in a 250ml bottle to keep my phosphates a 1ppm.... Have you ever heard of mister green's fertilizer calculator for iOS? Is it worth getting and will it tell me what I need to know about these questions I've been asking you?

6 grams KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate) is the PPS-Pro amount for 1000ml so quarter that amount for your 250ml bottle. You would do 1ml per 10g of water daily.

After your WC I'd dose 1/4 teaspoon dry KH2PO4, wait till the next day and start dosing the KH2PO4 daily at the amount above and test your water to see where your at in ppm's. You can always raise your level by adding small amounts of the dry.

As for that calculator I have no idea. Never used it, don't know anyone that has. You could post that question on a new thread.

I can't figure out how much of each fert I put in my 250ml solution. I don't want to dose the ferts dry straight into the tank. I was looking at some of the calculators and its saying dose like 800 and something grams in 250ml that's almost 2 lbs of dry ferts

So these target ppm of each fertilizer in the aquarium that one should have... That's not what I'm wanting to dose into my tank daily that's what we want as a build up of at the end of the week before I do my water change?

Okay are you dosing PPS-Pro or El? I'm getting confused what your trying to do.

Aren't you using the micro macro combination mix? How are you doing it daily? And are you planning on adding the phophates to that mix all in the same bottle?

If you want to use Mono phosphates then you should mix it in it's own bottle and not add it to you mix because that mix contains iron. So 6 grams KH2PO4 (Mono Potassium Phosphate) is the PPS-Pro amount for 1000ml so quarter that amount for your 250ml bottle. You would do 1ml per 10g of water daily. You will then just need to figure out how much above or below the 1ml per 10g you will need to achieve your 1ppm weekly.

Oops hit the send button..

I make a 250ml solution of macro micro mix and dose 5ml for ever 50g daily.... That's all I know how to do lol my plants grow fine and my algae seems to be at a minimum.

I have though individual ferts
1lb of potassium nitrate
1lb of mono potassium phosphate
1lb of magnesium sulfate
1lb of potassium sulfate
1lb of plantex CSM+ B

idk what way I'm dosing lol everything you read says different things that's why I am so freaking confused maybe I should just stick to my mix and use the extra ferts to make more macromicro mix and add extra of whatever my tank needs with all the extra ferts

Okay normally with individual ferts you mix:

potassium nitrate
mono potassium phosphate
magnesium sulfate
potassium sulfate

in one bottle as your macro mix. And you don't need to use magnesium sulfate unless you have GH under 4 as most tap water has plenty of magnesium in it.

Then you mix your CSM+B in a seperate bottle.

You dose both macro's and micro's daily at 1ml mix to every 10g of water.

You don't want to mix your macro mix and micro mix together since phosphate and iron mixed together can precipate which we already went through that issue. So you need two bottles, one for macros and one for micros. It's not that complicated.

Back
Top Bottom