Dry Fertilizer for the Planted Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmenehan2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Are there any dry fertilizers that are not recommended to be dosed directly into the tank without dissolving in an appropriate amount of RO or Distilled water?
The dry ingredients I intend to dose are Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Calcium Nitrate, and Plantex CSM + Boron as the trace.

The reason I ask is because I want to measure out what my 29 Gallon (25 Gallon just water) aquarium needs daily for the whole week. I have a rather large pill box that would hold the dry fertilizer.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm honestly not certain about dry dosing a tank. I believe it's safe but I'm not sure. For my dry ferts I just mix them in old stress coat bottles and dose them using the cap. I only have to remix every other week or so.

I didn't think there would be an issue. It just seemed like every site that talked about dry fertilizer had instructions on how to mix them. Glad to hear that it is just an option. Thank you everyone for all of your input. :fish2:

Look up dosing information on dosing EI and you'll get the dry fert amounts to use for your tank size and how to add them.

Back
Top Bottom