Dry fertilizers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarkm

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a question for anyone that uses dry fertilizers. I have been wanting to switch to dry ferts for awhile and am ready to. What is the better method pps pro or EI method ? I like the idea of the EI dosing as I do 50% water change on Sundays anyways. What's the pros and cons to each method ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is your tank high tech or low tech?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Low tech. I have the finnex planted plus and dose 25 ml of metricide 14 daily. I have been dosing with seachem flourish and api leaf zone.

As far as my research has shown, El is good for high tech (co2) and large water changes. Based on you tank, PPS pro will do just as well and would be a much cheaper option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. Anyone else with experience with these? I know lots of people use them.

EI is basically just flooding the tank with fertilizer and hoping the plants outcompete algae. The plants will grow very fast and will never have deficiencies, if done correctly. Basically EI is for people who want fast growing plants in a high light tank. PPS pro is cheaper and for medium or high light tanks who want plants that grow consistently. PPS pro is more likely to give you deficiencies but EI is more likely to give algae.

Back
Top Bottom