DRY FERTS ? Where and what to look at purchasing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyLiNy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ive just setup a 150gallon planted tank (there is a thread started), Im currently running 2 Odyssea 36" T5HO 4x39w 6700k fixtures. I know dry ferts are they way to go on bigger tanks from reading posts on here. First question is where should I purchase and what should I get lol? Looking for some help from the plant gurus, any advice you can give me would be great. Thanks!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

Whish I could help you Tommy, but I just use Florish Excel since my biggest tank is a 37g and my Moors would probably eat them anyway lol.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

There's a few places to get dry ferts.
Planted Aquarium Fertilizer - Home
Fertilizers For The Planted Tank | Ferts

There's a few different ways to go about dosing. You should research the EI method, PPS-Pro method (my favorite), or PMDD. Depending on which you decide to do will determine exactly what you should buy.

I haven't read your build thread yet, but definately you're going to need CO2 for that tank as well.

Aquariumfertilizer.com is a good source for dry ferts. Pmdd is the method I use and they sell a combo pack (micro macro combo) or you can buy them separately like I did and get 4 times as much for right at twice the price of the combo pack

If you can't buy locally, I have had great results with aquariumfertilizer.com.

Rex Griggs used to be a great source, but lately there have been issues with getting orders filled from him, so you may want to steer away from his site until we see reports that the issue (whatever it may be) is fixed.

Consider building some autodosers and using PPS Pro dosing. It is a very easy way to dose a tank consistently day after day. Many of us on the forum have built an autodosing system based on Neilan's post on the subject (linked below).

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-auto-dosing-solution-101464.html

Mr. Limpet said:
Whish I could help you Tommy, but I just use Florish Excel since my biggest tank is a 37g and my Moors would probably eat them anyway lol.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Aquarium Advice App

Haha thanks anyway! :)

fort384 said:
If you can't buy locally, I have had great results with aquariumfertilizer.com.

Rex Griggs used to be a great source, but lately there have been issues with getting orders filled from him, so you may want to steer away from his site until we see reports that the issue (whatever it may be) is fixed.

Consider building some autodosers and using PPS Pro dosing. It is a very easy way to dose a tank consistently day after day. Many of us on the forum have built an autodosing system based on Neilan's post on the subject (linked below).

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f20/diy-auto-dosing-solution-101464.html

Thanks for the link I'm definetly going to look into that. Ill take a look at aquariumfertilizer.com too after reading up on the different dosing methods.

mfdrookie516 said:
Aquariumfertilizer.com is a good source for dry ferts. Pmdd is the method I use and they sell a combo pack (micro macro combo) or you can buy them separately like I did and get 4 times as much for right at twice the price of the combo pack

Thanks definetly going to check them out! Thanks for the other info in the message too btw, very helpful.

Thank you to everyone who has replied to my post. Do you think I should order ferts 1st or look into CO2? If so you recommend a good regulator. Thanks for the help!

MA957 by Milwaukee... for some reason, I always have to ask fort for the link where I got mine for $89. I think both are going to be equally important with your tank.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom