??dry start??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strokinbyeu

Aquarium Advice Freak
has any1 here ever tryed a dry start for a planted tank. i just read about it in an aquarium mag. makes some sence to me but lil over my head on the reasons why it works. let my know if you have ever tryed it/

strokinbyeu said:
has any1 here ever tryed a dry start for a planted tank. i just read about it in an aquarium mag. makes some sence to me but lil over my head on the reasons why it works. let my know if you have ever tryed it/

Never done it myself but I've heard it works well because (correct me if I'm wrong) the plants receive more light because the water doesn't 'get in they way' and they have unlimited access to co2.

that and there isnt a need to cycle the tank once you do fill it with water bc its allready done. and it helps avoid the alge bloom that comes with new planted tank normaly. just have to keep the humidity up. and the only attention thats needed is to spray the plants wit plain water or lightly fertalized water 2 times a week. mite give it a try this winter and make a new shrimp tank. what i read is it helps non stem plants get rooted and fill in fast

Back
Top Bottom