Dry Start Method/ Emersed method question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJ_117

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am starting the DSM in my 29 gallon tank, and had a few questions;

The first is relating to the humidity level, I am misting the substrate and tank a lot but the substrate (flourite black sand) does not seem to stay moist, it keeps getting dried out. Should I dump like a gallon or two of water in there to get the lower levels of it saturated or just keep misting it? The other question is if the driftwood (spiderwood) I have in there will effect the humidity levels and soak the moisture up,and if I should take it out for now. Thank you in advance

Are you covering the top of the tank with a sheet of clear plastic wrap? If not, then you should. You may have to leave a corner slightly open to reduce the humidity.

Are you covering the top of the tank with a sheet of clear plastic wrap? If not, then you should. You may have to leave a corner slightly open to reduce the humidity.
Yes, I am covering it with cling wrap and have a 1in x 1in hole open in the back. I've added ludwigia and rotala to grow emersed in there too

Back
Top Bottom