dumb question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
this might sound a little bit silly...but i was trying to get the amount of fertilizer i need to add to the tank...so you have to punch in the amount of product and how many liters the tank is...well...mine is a 29gal...but with all the stuff i have inside of course i dont have 29gal of water in there...what do you guys do?

lol...i knew its was going to be the easiest ...why do i complicate myself so much? Thanks Xzap! :mrgreen:

I deduct 15-20% to guesstimate. I would call 29gal 25gal because its a nice number, for example. Dave and Rich's method is certainly valid since we're usually shooting for ballpark figures, but I figure guesstimating displacement helps others when sharing results of experiments, and I better understand the why of my modest experiments.

It's kinda like how much dechlorinator to use when doing pwc, the amount for the % of water changed or the amount for the tank size :)

Dave

oh i havent got caught up in that one yet...i still use the old bucket method to refill the tank... :(

Xzap said:
It's kinda like how much dechlorinator to use when doing pwc, the amount for the % of water changed or the amount for the tank size :)

Dave

Depends on if you use a bucket (just treat the new water) vs. a python (treat the entire tank volume) to refill the aquarium :)

Back
Top Bottom