Dwarf baby tears and 24/7 planted finnex

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KyloRen

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 55 gallon tank with a 48" finnex planted+24/7 is that enough light to grow dwarf baby tears? I wanted to tie them on to my manzanita branch

It depends on other things.

The light depends on how high up the branch is. 2 inches under the surface? Right on the substrate?

Also, what are you using for fertilizer and co2?

Uh thats the branch and as for fertilizer i use root tabs and substrate is a mix of sand and gravel
Sry camera quality is pretty crappy. I used my ipad.

Attachments

• 12177721_1194760920539538_493937616_n.jpg
    12177721_1194760920539538_493937616_n.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited by a moderator:
That's is a moderately deep tank, 21in + another inch for light w/ legs. Par would be around ~40... Plant cannot be shaded either... Do you have Co2 injection?

It seems like in this case it might be pretty tricky to pull off.

*EDIT* Should have read the whole thing, you might be able to pull it off on the branches.. But will most likely need Co2 injection.

Root tabs won't help hc that isn't being grown in the substrate..I would look into moss for your goals personally

Jesse

I agree, moss will look and grow better. I don't think HC would work, but that doesn't mean you can't try.
Jesse is right; you'll need to actually dose something though; root tabs aren't enough.

Seachem fertilizer at the minimum, dry fertilizer would be best.

Back
Top Bottom