Dwarf Hair Grass and Assassin Snails...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rowlf914

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Greetings all,

I have a 29 gallon lightly planted aquarium and would like to plant dwarf hairgrass. I do have several assassin snails to help cut down my pest snail population, and I'm concerned that the burrowing assassin snails will cause problems with dwarf hairgrass. I've looked for the advice, but have not found anything concrete. Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks

Dave

Greetings all,

I have a 29 gallon lightly planted aquarium and would like to plant dwarf hairgrass. I do have several assassin snails to help cut down my pest snail population, and I'm concerned that the burrowing assassin snails will cause problems with dwarf hairgrass. I've looked for the advice, but have not found anything concrete. Does anyone have an answer?

Thanks

Dave

You might have trouble with the initial planting but once the hairgrass gets a good grip it shouldn't be an issue [emoji106]

You can use toothpicks to put up guards around the hair grass while it establishes

You might have trouble with the initial planting but once the hairgrass gets a good grip it shouldn't be an issue [emoji106]

You can use toothpicks to put up guards around the hair grass while it establishes
Okay, that's kinda what I was thinking as well. Didn't know the toothpick thing...I may do that. Hope I can pick up some dhg tomorrow and get things started.

Thanks for the response.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom