Dwarf Hair Grass Uprooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmazz11

Aquarium Advice Regular
Chutes of my dhg keep unrooting from the substrate and floating to the top of my tank. It's been in for about a month and showed no signs of growth.

Fish:
Odessa barbs
Cherry barbs
Diamond tetras
Serpae tetras
Discus
Flying fox

I don't think its the fish but any suggestions would be appreciated.

What kind of substrate and lighting do you have?

I'm jumping in on this one I had the same problem when I had gravel
I have sand now it's a 10 gallon with 2 bulbs 6500k each I'll have to double check the watts

I have the caribsea flora max where I'm trying to grow the grass. My lights are 2 t5 54watt 6700k and 2 cfl 54 watt. One is 6500 and other is 8800. Tank is 90 gallon

Dhg grows quite slow. I've had mine for about 2 months now and it just started growing a runner or two. I have 2 36" 72w and 1 48" 96w..all 6.7k bulbs, plus I run co2. I have ferts but haven't dosed yet.
I'd just give it more time.

DHG does grow really slow. I have had mine for about 3 months now or so and it finally this month is showing some sign of life. Takes time but should look great. :)

Right on thanks for the info. I didn't realize it took.that long to see results. I was getting ready to pull it and try something else. But ill give it another month or two

Planted tanks take a lot of patience. I've learned. My fish would nibble on it every once in a while and it was slowly getting shorter. They've left it alone now and it's growing runners. But I feel that having to wait makes the process so much better. I laugh when I see what my tank looked like when I first put plants and now they are growing.

Unfortunately my patience is wearing thin. I can't even get my moss to grow. No green thumb here.

Xmas and java. Pressurized co2. Java is new only about 3 days. Xmas has been in for.months.

Very nice. I'm still waiting for someone on here to grow some out for me. I'm getting flame, peacock, and christmas. I have a small piece of java that was in with some swords I bought from a person on here. So I'm waiting to see what it does.
I know Andy91 has Christmas moss..he's actually my buddy ha. We do all our fish stuff together.
Moss is generally slow growing too at first and then it will take off. He's has his Christmas for almost a month now and don't think his has done much.

Back
Top Bottom