Dwarf hairgrass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pleechford

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I recently bought some dwarf hairgrass and the bottom portion is starting to become brown and die. Although new roots are beginning to form. Also my java fern and sword plants are doing amazing. I fert. with seachem flourish as well. Any advice?

+1 on the emersed hairgrass

It is completely normal when u buy a emersed grown plant it is jus changing to Ur sub merged aquarium don't worry the shedding leaves is normal it shud grow back new submerged leaves

Okay I kind of figured that but I just wanted to make sure. It is a 10 gallon. And I bought the DHG at petsmart. It was rather expensive, it was disease ad snail free.

Was it in the little pouch, pre-packaged? If so, that's emersed grown. I got some of that just to see how well it would do, it's done quite well. You'll just see some die-off for the first little while.

That was the exact one I bought as well. I hope mine perk up! This is what it looks like.

image-681917473.jpg

Also would you recommend another type of lighting other than a full spectrum t8 fluorescent?

Okay. I was thinking about upgrading because I really am starting to like Aquascaping. What type of bulb would you suggest as an upgrade? Could I stick with the florescent side of things?

pleechford said:
Okay. I was thinking about upgrading because I really am starting to like Aquascaping. What type of bulb would you suggest as an upgrade? Could I stick with the florescent side of things?

U cud upgrade to a t5 fixture as soon as I did that my plants exploded with growth

Back
Top Bottom