Dwarf hairgrass planting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zacks

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I went to the pet store today and saw some dwarf hairgrass and it was a pretty good amount in a pot... So I bought it for $3.33 which I think was a good deal, and I put 3 patches of about 7 individual plants in different areas of my 55. I'm hoping to make a carpet out of it, but if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out yah know? But anyways the specs of my tank are 55 gallons, 64 watts of lighting (about 1.2 watts per gallon) I have pool filter sand as a substrate, and am using a basic fertilizer... I think it's called flora pride, then there's my 20 gallon with 60 watts of light (roughly) with the same substrate and same fertilizer so I really would like it to take off in my 55 :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Its unlikely that the light is powerful enough to grow the DHG sufficiently but it's worth a try.

Its unlikely that the light is powerful enough to grow the DHG sufficiently but it's worth a try.

Yeah that's what I thought... But hey, it only costs 3.33 haha if it doesn't work out I'll just worry about my java ferns and moss

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom