Dwarf sagittaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have some Dwarf Sagittaria in my tank, the plant started to grow fast, I think that the name "dwarf" is deceiving, any way, my question is :
Can I trim the plant leaves? Same as mowing the grass? Or doing so will kill it? Opinions or experiences please.....
:)

ejaramillo01 said:
I have some Dwarf Sagittaria in my tank, the plant started to grow fast, I think that the name "dwarf" is deceiving, any way, my question is :
Can I trim the plant leaves? Same as mowing the grass? Or doing so will kill it? Opinions or experiences please.....
:)

You can trim them, but at least leave a few.

IME, trimming Dwarf Sag ends up with the rest of the leaf dying. Pulling the long leaves off from the base has been the best way for me. Dwarf Sag does get tall, higher light helps it to stay shorter as it does not have to "reach" higher up to get the light it wants.

IME, trimming Dwarf Sag ends up with the rest of the leaf dying. Pulling the long leaves off from the base has been the best way for me. Dwarf Sag does get tall, higher light helps it to stay shorter as it does not have to "reach" higher up to get the light it wants.
Thankss for the info....
do you know who this plant spread? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom