Dwarf Sagittaria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hulka9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any experience with them? I just bought some today for my 10G. I have 2 10 watt cfl bulbs and am using seachem tabs and flourish daily. I would like to know what I can expect growth wise, if any.

I have had dwarf sag in 3 tanks under 3 different types of lights.
Under dual t5 NO it grew the slowest. It's a shrimp tank and I don't do any ferts except for the occasional root pellet for the crypts nearby. May 1 or 2 runners in the last few months. Stays green; minimal growth.
Under LEDs (Finnex fugeray) the growth was moderate. The tank was overcrowded plant wise and I suspect that it had a lot of competition for nutrients and light. Root pellets, liquid ferts, and DIY CO2. It was in the tank for about 9 months and the number of plants doubled at least.
Under a pair of 13w CFLs (plus direct sunlight because it is near a window) they are sending out new runners every 2-3 weeks. No CO2 or root pellets; daily dry ferts. This tank is a "not sure what to do with these plants so I'll throw them in here" type of tank.

I had a finnex ray2 over my 10g tank with pressurized co2 and they grew like weeds, staying about 3 or 4 inches tall max. Then I switched the light to a t8 17w fluorescent and removed the co2 and their growth almost halted. Then I added the co2 back on but kept the t8 light and they have started shooting leaves up to the surface like the'yre Vals or something. My tank now looks like a jungle! I think I have a picture of it in my 10g album on my profile.

Back
Top Bottom