Dwarf tears

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414090172.958904.jpg
Ok this is a video of my new tank. It's a 30 gallon tank. What I really want to do is what I have never been able to do. I want to grow dwarf tears. Currently I'm using Eco complete substrate, 10 pound C02 bottle, and a 2 light T5. My bulbs are a Full spectrum daylight 6,500k and a super day light 12,000k I'm also dosing 3 times a week trace elements and Iron using the PPS pro system. My question is what am I doing wrong. What should I be doing to grow the dwarf tears. Please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Baby tears need very good co2 distribution

Good lighting is also very important

So you think I need more light the what I'm currently using.

I'm thinking about changing my C02 system to a inline GLA atomic reactor and diffuser using a fluval 306

Good light is necessary, yes, but you may end up with an algae farm using that 12000 K bulb. There's such a thing as too much light as well as not enough.

How many hours a day do you run the lights ?

8am to 4pm

Ordinarily that's a reasonable length of time to have lights on.

Do you have a drop checker set up ? If not, perhaps you are not getting enough C02 into the tank. A drop checker will give you a much better reading on the C02 content.

How are you diffusing the C02 ?

If you look all the way to the right of the picture you can see my defuser in the tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414101762.800348.jpg

Do you have any HC in the tank? Because I'm not seeing any in those pics. What has it been doing that hasn't been satisfactory? How long did it last? I would echo the need for a drop checker as well.

I don't have any in this tank as of yet. I will be buying some tomorrow. I just don't want it but it and have it die on me again.

It lasted about 2 or so weeks. Then just started you turning brown.

HC isn't all that difficult of a plant to grow assuming you have nutrients, CO2, and light.

Is your light T5HO or NO?
Any idea of your macronutrient situation? Are you dosing at all?
And once again, without a drop checker, CO2 can be such a crapshoot. You can have a very nice system with a striking flaw that sets the whole thing back without even knowing it. I would say with some degree of confidence that this is where most ambitious tanks run astray.

Back
Top Bottom