Easy carpet plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lpn4

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if anyone had some ideas of what might a good carpet plant for my fw tank. I was looking into dwarf baby tears, but my ph stays too high for them. My ph is 8.2. I have a 10 gallon with 3 puffer fish. I really do not want to have to worry about adding CO2, but if I will if I absolutely have to. I have a good lighting system, so moderate to high light needs can be met. I currently have white sand as a substrate in my tank, but it always looks dirty. I am looking for something else to try. :fish1:

Subscribe to this. I have some micro sword but it really does nothing to what I wanted it for!

Im just starting up a planted tank, myself. Someone suggested Dwarf Sag (Sagittaria subulata) to me.

http://www.plantedtanks.co.uk/ekmps...es/sagittaria-platyphylla-dwarf-sag-644-p.jpg
sagittaria-platyphylla-dwarf-sag-644-p.jpg

If your lighting is good enough, you might like Echinodorus tenellus. When our surface plants block out some of the light, it grows sort of tall, but normally it stays nice and compact.

Back
Top Bottom