Eco-complete problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jevousdeteste

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just emptied the water out of my 10g, removed the gravel, and added Eco-complete. I started to fill it and this is how it looks:

after-01.jpg

after.jpg

Completely cloudy. Not normal, right? What do I do? I thought Eco-complete wasn't supposed to cloud. I take it I got a bad bag or something. I don't know.

Edit: I'm a loser and the plant repository is clear, for the most part. Thanks to everyone for quelling my neuroses. It'll be cool when I actually try arranging the plants in some interesting way.

img_565299_2_128f5271a5e7b712228161938b386a64.jpg

it's pretty normal. do you have a filter running? it should settle pretty quickly. i can't think of a single substrate that doesn't cloud up the water at least for a little bit. be patient, it should settle.

crazycat said:
it's pretty normal. do you have a filter running? it should settle pretty quickly. i can't think of a single substrate that doesn't cloud up the water at least for a little bit. be patient, it should settle.

Right on. Thanks. I turned both of the filters on and it's starting to settle a bit.

Eco doesn't claim that it won't cloud, only that it doesn't require rinsing. It will be crystal clear in a day or two.

test your phosphates. as long as they are 0ppm, you're fine.

The only known 'bad bags' of Eco complete were indeed contaminated, and were packed in milky white liquid, instead of clear liquid. The liquid was loaded with phosphates.

However, since this wasn't a new tank, but rather a substrate swap out, I think your cloudy water is normal and should clear up.

Back
Top Bottom