Eh, Why Not? Tales of a Planted Bowl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I need to do my chem and bio and history homework:p I'll do the chem and bio first then plant it then do history. It'll be another half an hour until I get to plant it:(

Ok, here it is!
img_1848958_0_d44753e40003285b7ec45704ea175725.jpg

And:
img_1848958_1_d03a8b2e4963a7a0d866fb70b4f772d2.jpg

I'm a bit scared about doing it emersed but I guess that I can only gain knowledge on this one way: experience!

FreshwaterTropical said:
Wow I never bought about doing anything emersed!

Yups, I'm very scared about it! My rotala doesn't look too happy. Plus I need to add wrap on the top! I'm thinking about doing just a emersed rubbermaid container and growing out HC, then filling this tank up with water. Who knows! I'll think about this tomorrow!

I'm pretty sure you can't just do it like that, but I don't know. I think your plants will dry out. Try misting them every few hours or so.

Austin.b said:
I'm pretty sure you can't just do it like that, but I don't know. I think your plants will dry out. Try misting them every few hours or so.

Yeah your supposed to put a lid or some type of wrap on it to keep the humidity up (like in a terrarium) which I did and didn't take a picture of. The plants really didn't seem to like it especially the rotala. I'm going to do this submersed and try a emersed thing later!

Basefrog said:
Looks good =) Loving the sand/gravel mix! Not that it was my idea ;)

Thanks! I'm still going to do some changes but for the most part tada! The mix looks good, hmmm the person who thought of it sure knew what he was saying;). Thanks:D

Basefrog said:
*blushes*

So is this just a planted tank then? No beta?

Yup! I might get a ghost shrimp or two for there but probably nothing more. Or maybe a snail:)

AquaKai said:
Yup! I might get a ghost shrimp or two for there but probably nothing more. Or maybe a snail:)

Haha that would be really cool!:) does the tank maintain a constant tempreture? It might get too cold and any livestock may die:( unless your home stays a constant temp:) tanks looking good!

Austin.b said:
Haha that would be really cool!:) does the tank maintain a constant tempreture? It might get too cold and any livestock may die:( unless your home stays a constant temp:) tanks looking good!

Yeah my room stays a nice 70F year round. Thanks! I'm really happy how it turned out! I'm really happy how all of my tanks are going. I just need to work on my 8g some more and help my poor betta! But thanks and I'll post more pictures as this tank starts to take off!

AquaKai said:
Yeah my room stays a nice 70F year round. Thanks! I'm really happy how it turned out! I'm really happy how all of my tanks are going. I just need to work on my 8g some more and help my poor betta! But thanks and I'll post more pictures as this tank starts to take off!

Haha what about a RCS or two? Or do you strictly want ghost shrimp?:)

Austin.b said:
Haha what about a RCS or two? Or do you strictly want ghost shrimp?:)

I might do RCS, but I would wait until my 10g is set up and I can spare a few in there since they're crazy expensive around here at $4.99 each! I'm not going to add anything for at least a month or two so I have some time:D thanks for the suggestion though!

Back
Top Bottom