EI Dosing Confirmation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pteronarcys

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am sure people who are new to EI probably ask this stuff all the time.

So I am new and I have been pouring over forums and information to make sure I get the numbers right.

I am going to order 1lb of KNO3, 1lb of KH2PO4, 1lb of Plantex CMS, and 1/2 lb of Chelated Iron.

First question: Do I need to buy K2SO4 to add more potassium or do the above chems provide enough? I am currently using sea chem products to get the macros, trace and iron.

I would like to be able to make up stock solutions in 1L bottles. One for Macros, one for trace, and one for Fe.

I would dose Macros 3 times a week, trace 3 times a week, rest a day and one of those days that I did macros would be after a 50% water change.
I believe I would dose Fe the same days that I did trace to prevent a precipitate forming between iron and phosphate.

Now I have found varying amounts suggested for what to add per dose for my 65 gal aquarium.

What I can tell is 5/8 tsp or 3.8g of KNO3 3x a week. 3/16tsp or 1.4 g of phosphate 3x a week, and 3/16 or 0.97g trace 3x a week. (I still don't know about K2SO4?) I am not sure how to make the Fe solution either.

If I want to make stock solutions in 1L bottles, how much should I put in the bottle per 1L of water?

I have read that people make stock solutions that last them months but then they don't say how many mL they add per dose and what size of take, etc.

I start getting confused when I start adding up the grams of what I would need in say 3 months supply, but then if I mix it in 1L then I have to figure out the amount of mL would be equivalent in a dose.

There has got to be a calculator to help with is or perhaps someone with more experience than me that can assist?

thanks

Sorry I can't help, I dose PPS-Pro. It's just easier for me, plus I can't do 50% water changed every week in a 220g. I do 10 gallons a day everyday. Don't worry you'll get it straight, it seems comfusing at first, but once you get the hang of it you'll wonder why it seemed so confusing in the beginning. Once thing I can add is when you make up micro nutrient stock solution add 5ml or Flourish Excel to every 250ml of stock solution. This will keep fungus from growing in it during storage.

Back
Top Bottom