EI Dosing Micro Toxicity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EI = Estimative Index fertilization method

Edit- you beat me to it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Estimative Index. Dosing dry ferts instead of liquid.

Caleb

Just to clean this up. The Estimative index is not just dosing your ferts dry. You could technically dose PPS pro dry but the measurements would be so small no one makes a TSP that small and accuracy would be tough. The EI method intentionally overdoses all ferts in order to eliminate the chances of a deficiency allowing us to focus on flow, co2, and light. The 50% water change at the end of the week allows us to attempt to "reset" the tank and try to prevent nutrient buildup.

The fundamental problem with this is it fails to recognize that toxicities are possible if the metals build up. This has been studied for years in terrestrial plants. We can draw on some knowledge from terrestrial plant research but the application is not perfect.

Short answer is yes. But terrestrial plant toxicities are quite different when it comes to measuring ppm etc. The most common elements seem to be copper, maganese, boron, zinc.

Any difference to plants or too early to tell?

It seems the pogo stellatus,pogo erectus&totals wallichi are showing distorted growth...I'm gonna work my way down to 8ml's by the beginning of the next dosing schedule...don't believe its a defficientcy but possibly rather toxicity...the reduction in micros should give some insight...

sit in silence...

I would not be surprised at all to see some improvement.

Back
Top Bottom