EI or PPS PRO dry fertilizer or other

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting ready to order dry fertilizer for the first time. I have three tanks, a 29 gallon, 10 gallon, and 5 gallon. The first two are heavily planted and the second one has different mosses and a few dwarf sag and pennywort. I am upgrading the 29 gallon light to a dual T5HO light and the other two are lighted with metal clamp lights with 27 watt, 6500k spiral fluorescent bulbs. The 5 gallon has one light, the 10 g has 2. I am using DIY CO2 with gluten hyde supplementation. Which of the fertilizers from Green Leaf Aquarium should I order? I want good growth from the plants. I have a mixture of high, medium, and low light plants.

I also use PPS-Pro BUT I buy the El package for $15 because it has what you need for ferts and no MgSO4, magnesium sulfate, which you don't need unless you have very soft water with a Gh of less than 4.

I also use 3 dosing bottles which I buy from them but any bottle/container will work. I also mix my nitrates in one bottle, the potassium and phosphates in the 2nd bottle, and micro's in the 3rd bottle. This allows you to custom dose to the needs of you tanks. I test nitrates and phosphates right before my weekly WC to see what the levels are after a week of dosing. Then I can dose the same, more, or less of either macro mix to keep the level I want. Nitrates should be 10-20ppm and phosphates from 1-5ppm.

Thanks Foster and Rivercats. I am going to order the EI package and mix it like Rivercats said. My water has a KH of 8. My phosphate stays at 0 though. My nitrates stay around 5-10. I have been out of Flourish Comprehensive for two weeks and my plants are suffering.

Back
Top Bottom