Encouraging plant growth.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chino1130

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm probably 75% through my fishless tank cycle. I have had plants in it for a week or so now. I want to get them growing a bit before I stock the tank. Right now I'm pumping my tank full of Co2. I made a powerful DYI system, and the diffuser is having 75+ bubbles enter it a minute. If pump in Co2 like that for a week or so, with lights on around 20 hours a say, will my plants benefit? I am not concerned about algae at this time.

298624_10150847736435111_515190110_20909491_1390435854_n.jpg

dont get this wrong but i think that too much co2 will not be good cuz they can only take somuch also the lights its not recommended that u use more that 12 hours they need time for their photosynthesis which usualy takes 12 hours and then its where the plants grow or something like that

20 hours might be pushing it. I would read up on the light cycle/dark cycle. Generally, 10-12+ hours is only beneficial emersed, as plants eventually reach a limit where they slow down growth and algae can take over. No algae in an emersed setup.

Also, I got some half dead plants for Sweet aquatics for my tank. They were almost done, so I ploped them in a tank without fish a blasted the CO2 (100ish ppm). Just make sure you have the lighting and ferts to utilize that CO2 or you're just wasting the gas.

aqua_chem said:
20 hours might be pushing it. I would read up on the light cycle/dark cycle. Generally, 10-12+ hours is only beneficial emersed, as plants eventually reach a limit where they slow down growth and algae can take over. No algae in an emersed setup.

Also, I got some half dead plants for Sweet aquatics for my tank. They were almost done, so I ploped them in a tank without fish a blasted the CO2 (100ish ppm). Just make sure you have the lighting and ferts to utilize that CO2 or you're just wasting the gas.

True and it might not always work tho sometimes too much of anything can be hurtful

Back
Top Bottom