Enough light for plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KTpoopenstein

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently acquired a Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon w/ Hidden Filter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8SZTKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_EgbQCbMETX5YT and was curious as to if anyone has had one of these before and had success with plants in it. It’s been a few years since I’ve had anything but a Betta in a tank with no light so I’m decidedly out of practice with planted tanks. Any suggestions as to what I might have success with in a small tank like this would be appreciated. It will eventually be said betta's new home once I move (just graduated grad school...have to find a job and then move out of my parents' place), but it’ll be a few months. Tank went straight to the storage unit for now...just getting ideas.

I keep Anubias in my 3g betta tank. A standard LED bulb with a little bit of liquid fertilizer is sufficient.

Low light plants don't need anything more than standard LED lights. But I've found that adding fertilizer makes a huge difference. Especially in a new tank that doesn't have anything for the plants to feed off of.

Back
Top Bottom