Err i might have made a mistake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquariumNewb

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Soo, i got a lot of info of another forum called PLanted tank, but after bieng hacked, firefox seems to be blocking me from going into that site, so i decided to join another well-known forum :). I was told that my new Eheim 2217 is not enough flow for my new 75g tank, so, after a HUGE debate on weather to go with a HOB or Powerhead, i went with the HOB... I got a new Marineland Emperor 400.. but this thing seems to be causing LOTS of surface agitation.. Now, considering the fact that im not planning on pumping in Co2, too much agitation isnt really something i can afford.. hoping to put approximately:
6 Myriophyllum Pinnatum
3 Golden lloydiella
7 or 8 Anacharis
3 Hygrophila Angustifolia
3 Lloydiella's
and 2 Water wisteria
(getting it off sweetaquatics- its a package of 24 bunch plants of your choise =D).
Plus some mosses in hopes of getting some shrimp..
Soo, considering the fact that lots of plants will be in my tank, should i get rid of the HOB and just sell it on ebay at a loss and buy a powerhead?

nah, you're not losing anything by having surface agitation if you dont have co2. if anything, you could be adding co2 to the water with that added agitation

really? kk. I was sure that the agitation caused by the HOB would cause whatever little co2 there is in the tank to go out.. Do you think i need to inject co2 with the plants that i mentioned? I was told that they dont require a lot of light + co2.. Also is a 40 or 50 watt bulb enough for them? i know that its EXTREMELY low lighting, but thats what my tank came with. might sell it for 60 or 70$ and just buy one in petco thats got two 50w T5's for like 120 or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom