Estimative Index Calculator calls for a GH Boost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackBlasto

Aquarium Advice Freak
I ordered a dry fert package from Green Leaf Aquariums. It came with

KH2PO4
KNO3
PLANTEX CSM +B
K2SO4

Now, when using the EI calculators online it calls for ALL of these EXCEPT K2SO4.(granted it also calls for an unspecified GH BOOST) What am I missing here? Is the K2SO4 the GH Boost the calculator calls for? It doesn't state in the calculator what the GH Boost necessarily is so my GUESS is this is the K2SO4 but Im hoping someone here can clarify. Thanks!

Doesn't your GLA KNO3 container have their dosing chart on it? Mine does and that's the measurements I dose by.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1456450454.056345.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hmmmm, Thanks for that pic. I got bags, not jars and maybe they missed the sticker. The only micro in that pack is the CSM+B, correct? So the dose you're doing is

Mon
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4

Tuesday
PLANTEX CSM +B

Wed
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4

Thursday
PLANTEX CSM +B

Friday
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4

Saturday
PLANTEX CSM +B

Sunday
REST

Please correct me if Im wrong. Thanks!

Hmmmm, Thanks for that pic. I got bags, not jars and maybe they missed the sticker. The only micro in that pack is the CSM+B, correct? So the dose you're doing is

Mon
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4

Tuesday
PLANTEX CSM +B

Wed
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4

Thursday
PLANTEX CSM +B

Friday
KH2PO4
KNO3
K2SO4

Saturday
PLANTEX CSM +B

Sunday
REST

Please correct me if Im wrong. Thanks!

That is correct.

It looks like you're missing magnesium sulphate which might describe the gh boost. My EI supplier doesn't Include potassium sulphate (k2so4) in the starter kit because you get a decent amount of potassium when you dose the potassium nitrate and potassium phosphate but they did include magnesium sulphate. Magnesium is one of the lesser macro nutrients but it very important. If you have hard water it might contain decent amounts of magnesium anyway so you may not have to worry but of your plants show signs of deficiency and all other levels are good look to magnesium sulphate.

Back
Top Bottom