Excel alternative

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Per Seachem's own instructions (and some help staff interactions), Excel is not meant to be algaecidal. That's an off-label use that we in the amateur scene have picked up. I don't really recommend it to be used solely as an algaecide in a holding tank, especially if it's not planted. As always, you're better off figuring out what's causing it, which shouldn't be to hard in that case (hint:it's your light).

Bad guess ;-) This tank is a temporary plant quarantine (snail death chamber) and it won't be up long enough to balance. My goal was to push growth on some new plants while keeping the algae within semi-acceptable standards until the plants are dipped and moved to the main tank.

Don't feel bad I also got a 2L Excel bottle but that's going to be the last one I get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm going to stick with the spite story in my head though.

Not a fan? I'm still down with seachem.. than again in a month I'll really only need them for prime..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy some glut/metrecide but I'm confused about which one I should get.

I was looking on amazon and one of the reviews said to avoid the 28 for aquarium use cause it contains soap, is this true?

Anyone have recommendations where to shop for this?

Depends, i dont, i did after making the switch from excel for the first week, than slowly upped the dose to desired amount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you. Like another member said, I'm going to fill up my old excel bottle and use that just so I'm not trying to use a gallon jug every day.

Back
Top Bottom